Renters and Homeowners

Our easy to read booklets tell you about:

  • your legal rights and
  • legal problems you can solve yourself.

Some of these brochures are about cases we take. Some are about cases we don’t take. We only take legal problems that you yourself can’t go to jail for. If you have a criminal case, you need to call the Public Defender’s office. To see the kinds of cases we take, click HERE.

We take as many cases as we can. We are sorry we don’t have enough lawyers for everyone. What if we can’t take your case? We still may be able to give you one-time legal advice. Or tell you where else you can get help. We also have booklets on this website. They may help you with your legal problem.

Want to find legal help? Click on a booklet name to find out more.

You can read the information or print it.

Renters and Homeowner problems

Fair Housing

Eviction Right to Counsel- Davidson County Residents ONLY

Are you a resident of Davidson County? The Eviction Right to Counsel (ERTC) program provides free legal services and education to low-income Nashvillians facing eviction. The ERTC program seeks to reduce evictions and increase housing equity in Nashville. Services range from legal advice and advocacy to full representation in court. Click the button below to find resources available to you.